You know how time-consuming and frustrating finding the right candidates can be. As a recruiter, you spend countless hours reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, and interviewing candidates to find the few that are the best fit. What if AI could help to take over some of those repetitive and mundane tasks so you could save time and energy to focus on the human elements of recruiting?
This guide provides an overview of the major categories of AI recruiting tools, the benefits and limitations of each. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of how AI can enhance your recruiting efforts and the key factors to consider when choosing a solution.
Turing is one of the best AI-based recruiting platforms to seek remoting software developers. It is capable of making the remote recruiting process easy for both companies and job seekers. Companies can hire deeply vetted developers that span across over 100 skills within 4-5 days.
The list below is advantages offered by Turing:
- Huge talent pool: Turing has over 2 million developers joined around the world, which spans more than 100 skills.
- AI-Powered matching: Turing uses advanced AI algorithms that consider factors such as industry experience, programming languages, project complexity to create the best possible matches between applicants and recruiters within 48 hours.
- Rigorous vetting: To be able to join Turing, developers have to take 5+ hours of tests and interviews about data structures, algorithms, systems design, software specializations & frameworks.
- No-Risk trial preriod: Turing provides a no-risk trial period, allowing businesses to evaluate a developer’s skills and compatibility before committing to a long-term partnership.
Besides that, this platform also has some drawbacks:
- Lack of responsibility after hiring process: Turing does not take any responsibility for the work of the developers after finishing the hiring process. Some developers took advantage of this by working multiple jobs at the same time, which led to lateness in delivering work, terrible code, etc.
- Onboarding candidates: Turing doesn't have an automation tool for this aspect of hiring. Companies might find it difficult to do it with remote developers, as the company cultures of on-site might be different than the online ones.
TurboHire is an Indian-based AI recruitment platform since 2017 . They have been trusted by more than 120 companies across 15 industries. TurboHire provides a complete hiring service for businesses when combining various AI-powered solutions for recruitment in one platform, including onboarding candidates.
To find out more about this platform, we first dive into some of its advantages:
- Candidate Sourcing**:** TurboHire supports sourcing new applicants from many job boards. It also makes sourcing from vendors easy with automated permission management and audit tracking.
- Talent Screening: TurboHire makes it easier to seek for the right candidates by parsing every resume into smart cards that allows filters based on years of experience, previous roles or skills, etc. Furthermore, every candidate is tagged with an AI-generated score based on their resume and aspects ruled by the platform that automatically moves the best to the top of the stack
- Interview Automation: TurboHire provides an AI-automated scheduling mechanism that assists in breaking time between candidates and interviewers. During interviews, it helps interviewers understand the candidate profile and previous evaluations while allowing them to leave feedback after the interview in a structured manner.
However, TurboHire also has some disadvantages that need to be improved in the future
- Sending emails: Candidates on the rejected list don't get any emails from the companies hiring or the platform itself. This can waste the time of applicants on the way to finding jobs and hiring companies in terms of respect.
- Incomplete "interview meeting" feature**:** Candidates usually get dropped off during interviews. Besides that, both the interviewers and applicants have trouble with connections while using this feature, which makes it hard for them to communicate.
Manatal is a cloud-based applicant tracking system that helps companies streamline their recruitment processes. It offers features such as candidate sourcing, applicant tracking, recruitment CRM, candidate enrichment, AI engine, collaboration & activities, and reports & analytics.
To find out more about this platform, we first dive into some of its advantages:
- Easy-to-use: Manatal allows recruiters to customize their recruitment pipeline based on their process with a slick drag-and-drop interface. Besides that, Manatal has kanban boards to get an overview of your recruitment progresses in one single-board view.
- Smart matching recommendations: Manatal AI Engine simplifies the whole recruiting process by recommending the best applicants for a given job while automating redundant tasks. They score candidates' profiles based on job requirements to speed up your screening process
- Candidate Onboarding & Placement Management: Track and control every new hire or placement throughout every step of their employment experience, from offer letter to onboarding and beyond. Keep track of onboarding events such as starting dates, probation periods, or end of employment.
However, Manatal also has some disadvantages:
- Can't add more than one location for a job posting: Currently, Manatal is limited to one location per job posting. This would make recruiters who want to hire employees in many branches of their company find it difficult to manage the posting.
- Unable to locate candidates when they have been archived: Sometimes, recruiters would like to be able to locate candidates using the search bar even if they have been archived from the active candidate pool. To do this, they need to unarchive the candidates to search for them.
Skillate is an AI-powered recruitment platform that supports recruiters to match the most relevant candidates for their requirements. The platform's solutions automate the hiring process and improve recruitment effectiveness by eliminating repetitive and enormous manual work of screening & short-listing candidates.
To find out more about this platform, we first dive into some of Skillate's strong sides
- Attract Quality Talent: Skillate AI-based JD Assistant provides real-time feedback to recruiters on the quality of the job descriptions. Better JDs attract better candidates.
- Rediscover Candidates: Skillate uses your existing database to minimize external dependencies like staffing companies, job boards. Then, the platform matches past candidates with the current opening on the basis of AI-backed scores.
- Personalized Post-offer Engagement: Skillate allows you to run campaigns to keep the candidate engaged. The platform's predictive analytics gauge the sentiment of the candidate to reduce post-offer dropouts.
- Automate Interview Scheduling: Skillate Chatbot automatically converses with the hiring manager and the applicant to find common timings and blocks the calendar accordingly, which minimizes the back and forth of scheduling and rescheduling.
However, Skillate also has some disadvantages that need to be improved in the future
- No image support: Skillate does not allow users to add images to emails, especially signature lines. Recruiters would find it hard whenever they need to let people know more about themselves to be trusted.
- Activity section: The “activity” section, which is supposed to show all communications sent to a candidate, sometimes does not show interview invitations.
SeekOut is an AI-powered recruitment platform that helps organizations find, grow, and retain a diverse and skilled workforce. The platform also provides actionable insights at every step of the talent journey. SeekOut’s products are customizable and can be integrated with existing HR systems like WorkDay, SuccessFactors, ...
To find out more about this platform, we first dive into some of Seekout's strong sides
- Recruit hard-to-find, diverse talent: Find qualified candidates for specialized roles with the leading AI-powered candidate search and personalized messaging. Filter by specific requirements—including medical licenses, security clearances, technical expertise, and more.
- Grow and inspire: Help employees find growth opportunities within your company. With SeekOut’s talent marketplace, people can find new roles and projects, connect with colleagues, and explore career paths.
- Recruit and manage talent in one platform: SeekOut combines talent acquisition and management into one platform, built on human-driven, AI-assisted technology. Use data-driven insights to understand your talent needs and prepare for the future.
Here are some of the disadvantages of SeekOut:
- Inaccurate data: SeekOut heavily relies on accurate and up-to-date data to provide relevant and valuable candidate information. However, the accuracy of the data can be a potential drawback if there are inaccuracies or outdated information within the platform.
- Candidate profiles can be outdated: Some candidate profiles haven't been updated for months, which can make recruiters find it difficult to connect with them or get some useful and reliable information.
Rockship is one of the pioneers to get on the AI recruiting bandwagon in Vietnam. At Rockship , we developed an AI solution to analyze & rank which candidates best match your needs, based on your job description and the resumes of candidates. The criteria will be modified according to the job description so that every candidate's potential is captured to the fullest, paving the way for boundless opportunities.
Besides that, Rockship's AI supports recruiters scheduling interviews with candidates automatically and assists recruiters analyzing actions of candidates during the interviews. In terms of the onboarding process, you can follow and keep track of the onboarding processes of new hires in aspects such as starting dates, probation periods, or end of employment and get recommendations from our AI based on onboarding data.
The diagram below illustrates what Rockship's AI modules are capable of in the field of recruitment.
As you can see, there are many AI recruiting tools and platforms out there to choose from. The key is finding what works for your specific needs and budget. Maybe you just need help screening resumes and scheduling interviews. Or perhaps you want a fully integrated solution to improve your entire recruiting process. Whatever the case, take your time to evaluate the options, check out free demos, and read reviews from others in recruiting business. AI can help you streamline your recruiting, improve candidate experience, and hire the best talent faster. Learn more about the budgets & timeline to get your desired recruitment modules in Rockship’s AI-powered Hiring Solution by scheduling a call with us today.
The future of recruiting is here - are you ready to embrace it?